Switch to EPIC but allowed to keep ED EHR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrumpetDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our hospital is switching to EPiC soon. We currently use T systems and love it. We have awesome scribes as well.
Anyone have experience with being able to keep T systems with a hospital EPIC rollout?
I imagine it's a slim chance as I'm sure the suits will just want one system.
Evidently the "idea" of the ED keeping T systems was brought up by admin a while back.

If anyone has this, how it the T systems epic interface in real life?

Members don't see this ad.

No chance. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea. That's what I'm going with.
The "idea" is sticking with the older group members like bad habit.

Members don't see this ad :)
the suits will just want one system.
Evidently the "idea" of the ED keeping T systems was brought up by admin a while back.

By ED admin or hospital admin? If it was by hospital admin, you have a shot. If it's ED admin, I'm sure the suits will give it about as much weight as a complaint letter from a vagrant. Perhaps less.

I'll also say that the newer, longer, unimproved T-sheets don't provide the same efficiency gains over a (good) EHR template on a fast computer that the older front/back format did.

Fast computers and networks are the key. If you take your 5 year old hardware and dump a new EHR on it, expect failure. If you have a BYOD culture at your hospital you can avoid some growing pains by buying the best Surface tablet you can afford and getting it hooked up to the itranet (not the free guest wifi).

Look at the good side: they didn't adopt Cerner.

By ED admin or hospital admin? If it was by hospital admin, you have a shot. If it's ED admin, I'm sure the suits will give it about as much weight as a complaint letter from a vagrant. Perhaps less.

I'll also say that the newer, longer, unimproved T-sheets don't provide the same efficiency gains over a (good) EHR template on a fast computer that the older front/back format did.

Fast computers and networks are the key. If you take your 5 year old hardware and dump a new EHR on it, expect failure. If you have a BYOD culture at your hospital you can avoid some growing pains by buying the best Surface tablet you can afford and getting it hooked up to the itranet (not the free guest wifi).

Look at the good side: they didn't adopt Cerner.

Reportedly, from a group partner, a hospital admin but not high level so I am not taking this to heart to much.

I actually would not mind going to epic with scribes so long as we can work together -I can put in orders while scribe charts the Hx/exam.
I think that when scribes get used to the .dot phrases things could really hum.