Switch to online learning (COVID19)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BR4

Reaction score
Like everyone else, my school had to switch to a fully online format about a month ago due to the coronavirus pandemic and I am struggling.

A friend of mine is in law school and her university switched to pass/fail grades so that students' GPAs wouldn't take a hit. Have any of you experienced anything similar? What is your school doing that you like/dislike in terms of making accommodations for your learning? Your sanity? Just wanted to hear what everyone else is experiencing out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Just remember that unlike law school were grades and rank matter tons, grades do not matter at all as long as you maintain the GPA you need to stay in school. PT schools are in a tough place because there are certain things mandated by CAPTE so they can only be but so flexible. If you are struggling, please reach out to your faculty and any other student services (counseling, etc).

Some were struggling over here but some do good still! The ones are struggling are the one who aren't that tech savvy.

Like everyone else, my school had to switch to a fully online format about a month ago due to the coronavirus pandemic and I am struggling.

A friend of mine is in law school and her university switched to pass/fail grades so that students' GPAs wouldn't take a hit. Have any of you experienced anything similar? What is your school doing that you like/dislike in terms of making accommodations for your learning? Your sanity? Just wanted to hear what everyone else is experiencing out there.

I know of two colleges that are giving "forgiveness"/"leniency"/etc. due to the COVID-19 crisis. The reason for this is that some students have learning challenges which make online education really hard for them, others lack access to internet, and some are sick with the virus. Your particular school may do this, but they may not publicize it. With accommodations and similar matters, administrators tend to handle these types things discreetly. (That has been my experience as an educator.)