switching from neuro to IM after first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

organicmatter

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Suppose I enter a neurology residency and decide during the internship that I wish to switch to internal medicine. Because the first year is IM, this wouldn't disrupt my life much, but I wonder what y'all think. Would that really piss off the residency director etc? Does anyone know if this happens from time to time? Thanks.
 
i can't possibly fathom why anyone would change from Neuro to anything else!!!! but i'm a little biased 🙂

seriously, do what makes you happy; don't worry about what the rest of the people will think...

vish~