Switching job sites/clinics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lottaluv

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Happy Holidays! I work in a clinic for a large hospital system on the West coast. I'm interested in working for the same hospital system but at a clinic that is closer to my home. My commute would go from 45 minutes at my current clinic down to 5 minutes. I love the people I work with currently but with small kiddos at home it would take off a lot of stress for my husband and I. The clinic that is closer to my home is currently looking to hire another physician. My question is how would I go about doing this? Should I apply directly to the clinic through HR or should I talk with my medical director or clinic manager first? Or should I go to leadership outside of my current clinic ie the regional medical director? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

At all cost, leave all bridges intact. Do not make anything appear as subterfuge or manipulation. Present your case directly to your medical director. Tell, don't ask. "I'm going to transfer to a facility closer to home and am interested in the system affiliated one." "How do I go about doing this and where do I start?"

Reactions: 3 users
At all cost, leave all bridges intact. Do not make anything appear as subterfuge or manipulation. Present your case directly to your medical director. Tell, don't ask. "I'm going to transfer to a facility closer to home and am interested in the system affiliated one." "How do I go about doing this and where do I start?"
This exactly

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user