switching risperdal to risperidone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spaslam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone noticed that generic risperidone is more potent than risperdal? my wife saw a pt this wk who was switched from risperdal to risperidone who now sleeps until 10-11 am, which is quite unlike her. she feels really snowed on the same dose, with no other med changes, substance abuse, etc. bioequivalence of generics can be 80-125% of the brand according to FDA--I am wondering if risperidone is >100%. if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone noticed that generic risperidone is more potent than risperdal? my wife saw a pt this wk who was switched from risperdal to risperidone who now sleeps until 10-11 am, which is quite unlike her. she feels really snowed on the same dose, with no other med changes, substance abuse, etc. bioequivalence of generics can be 80-125% of the brand according to FDA--I am wondering if risperidone is >100%. if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. thanks.

Maybe Janssen was gradually reducing the potency of Risperdal in an effort to push us toward Invega, anticipating that this was going to happen. ;)

Far-fetched?

Never mind...I'll go take my meds now...

Maybe Janssen was gradually reducing the potency of Risperdal in an effort to push us toward Invega, anticipating that this was going to happen. ;)

Far-fetched?

I wouldn't put anything past the pharmaceutical companies. Did you notice how they boosted the price of Risperdal for one last payoff?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't put anything past the pharmaceutical companies. Did you notice how they boosted the price of Risperdal for one last payoff?

I haven't noticed that, and that is interesting.

I have though noticed a heck of a lot of Invega dinners.