Switching to Pre-pharm.

Started by sarahmc12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sarahmc12

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

So I have been thinking lately of switching to pre-pharmacy from pre-med. I think it would just be better suited for me (less stress and more family time while still being in the health field). I am currently in my first semester of sophomore year. Is it too late to switch? My GPA is currently a 3.47 (3.6 with transfer credit) I've taken:

Gen. Biology 1
Gen. Biology 2
Gen. Chemistry 1
Gen. Chemistry 2
Organic Chemistry 1
Calculus 1 &2
Microbiology

and I am three classes away from completing my gen. eds.

Thanks for any advice in advance!
 
The classes you list are going to be pre-reqs for most pharmacy schools. It's never too late to switch. Look through the threads and you'll see plenty of examples of people going into pharmacy school well into their 50's. I myself will be 35 when I graduate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's never too late to switch! A lot of my classmates are in their mid twenties and a few in their 30s.

You seem to be on the right track; make sure you check the pre-reqs for each school as they differ greatly.