Syllabus for courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globy123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know where I can find the syllabus for medical school courses?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. Does anyone know where I can find the syllabus for medical school courses?

Each school has it's own curriculum. My advice: go to the specific school and I'm sure you could get a syllabus for the specific courses. Though med schools cover mostly the same thing, they may have different names for them or teach via a different pathway.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes,
1. Enroll in medical school
2. They will tell you where to buy it, most likely the school bookstore.

That's not very useful to me. I am looking for a link to any medical school where they post the syllabus for their courses. Anyone know where I can find syllabus for courses for any medical school?
You're not getting the point.

There is no rule that schools have to post their syllabi on-line nor is this commonly done. If they do, it would be on a school by school/case by case basis. Therefore, your friend here is Google - search through schools, go to their websites and see if syllabi are posted.

Reactions: 1 user
That's not very useful to me. I am looking for a link to any medical school where they post the syllabus for their courses. Anyone know where I can find syllabus for courses for any medical school?

Are you in med school? If so, and you're having trouble finding your syllabus, your administration should be able to help out.

If you're not in med school, then why are you looking for syllabi and why are you posting in the allopathic forums? I don't know how other schools do it, but I'm pretty sure my school doesn't let non-students have access to our syllabus -- these are protected lecture notes. Unless you're asking about the curriculum? That, you'll probably find on most schools' websites.

I tried searching Google with no luck.
Let me clarify the question. Does anyone know any specific medical school which posts the syllabus of their medical school courses online?

There is no rule that schools have to post their syllabi on-line nor is this commonly done. If they do, it would be on a school by school/case by case basis. Therefore, your friend here is Google - search through schools, go to their websites and see if syllabi are posted.

Does anyone know any specific medical school which posts the syllabus of their medical school courses online?

Why do you need a medical school syllabus? As myself and others have stated, these are not generally things that med schools put online. The closest you'll get is seeing the curriculum that each school has and a simple Google search will find you everything you need to know about a school's curriculum.

I was too lazy to type that...but that's word for word what I was gonna say.

Can you post a link for the curriculum of your medical school?

Why do you need a medical school syllabus? As myself and others have stated, these are not generally things that med schools put online. The closest you'll get is seeing the curriculum that each school has and a simple Google search will find you everything you need to know about a school's curriculum.

I tried searching Google with no luck.
Let me clarify the question. Does anyone know any specific medical school which posts the syllabus of their medical school courses online?
At the risk of sounding rude, are you sure you are using Google correctly?

I typed in "medical school syllabus" and within 0.000017456 seconds got the following:

http://som.georgetown.edu/medicaleducation/curriculum/firstyearmodules
http://med.fsu.edu/?page=medicalEducation.syllabi
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm-ome/syllabus-initiative/
https://tulane.edu/som/courses/upload/T1scb_gross-dev-Syllabus-TUSOM-Syllabus_01112011_working.pdf
and so on...

curriculum_1314.jpg

From the google.

Southplains, that gives the OP the curriculum, not the syllabi.

Right, I guess I'm just confused now what he wants. I believe most schools, at least my own, tell us we can't post lecture slides/videos anywhere. OP do you want notes, grading scheme, class names?

Are you looking for course materials? Cause I doubt any school posts those online. My school specifically prohibits sharing our course materials outside of the school.

So, OP, instead of just asking the same question over and over, why don't you tell us why you need a school's course materials so we can offer you some alternatives.

Are you looking for course materials? Cause I doubt any school posts those online. My school specifically prohibits sharing our course materials outside of the school.

So, OP, instead of just asking the same question over and over, why don't you tell us why you need a school's course materials so we can offer you some alternatives.

Right and you bring up a great point. A lot of schools expressly PROHIBIT sharing these materials. So if any extra-generous posters were considering sending their offline stuff the OP's way, I would reconsider.

Heres a med school breakdown:

M1: Stuff you will forget except for the words Decussate, Ipsilateral, Furosemide, Oxygen, Scaphoid
M2: Pictures of Pathology slides from random tissues
M3: ???
M4: profit