Tablet Devices for PTs and SPTs

Started by SPQRPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SPQRPT

Gianluca
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I am a first year student PT and I was wondering if any PTs or other fellow student PTs have used tablet devices while working or in their clinicals. I am looking to buy one and I was wondering if there is one device that is more supreme than others when it comes to medical use. The iPad is probably the most popular tablet but does anyone use another device that they feel is more appropriate for a physical therapist? Thanks in advance!
 
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 seems like a good tablet for work cuz it comes with an S pen... surface Pro has one too but it's a pretty large tablet to be carrying around while working
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure any option is worth it if use in the clinic is your primary purpose. Many facilities prohibit personal device use or aren't providing WiFi. If they are part of the 'culture' at a clinic, they'll be the clinic's devices you'll be using. And with every facility having an established documentation system, it's not like a personal device could be used. Maybe others have had a different experience, but I just don't see any practical use for a personal tablet in the clinic as a student. I do love my Apple products and carry my iPhone with me at work, but the only things I use it for are checking email away from my desk and playing music for my kiddos.