Technology Tablet PC Reviews

Started by NatrlRx123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NatrlRx123

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone currently own a Tablet PC? Please tell those of us in the market a little about the pro's and con's of your specific model and if you would buy it again if you had the chance.
 
NatrlRx123 said:
Does anyone currently own a Tablet PC? Please tell those of us in the market a little about the pro's and con's of your specific model and if you would buy it again if you had the chance.
I don't own one, but if you want to read reviews and user opinions about different tablet PC's, go to this website.

http://www.tabletpcreviewspot.com/
 
NatrlRx123 said:
Does anyone currently own a Tablet PC? Please tell those of us in the market a little about the pro's and con's of your specific model and if you would buy it again if you had the chance.
I had one and loved it. Great to read journal articles on an airplane, sitting at the coffee shop, etc. Also converted to a thin and light notebook. Definitely a conversation starter... but in the end, I switched to a 12" Powerbook because it was more portable -- definitely a lot lighter.

I just recently sold my Tablet PC on eBay for $1200.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerndoc said:
I had one and loved it. Great to read journal articles on an airplane, sitting at the coffee shop, etc. Also converted to a thin and light notebook. Definitely a conversation starter... but in the end, I switched to a 12" Powerbook because it was more portable -- definitely a lot lighter.

I just recently sold my Tablet PC on eBay for $1200.

Hey Southern,

Was your tablet convertible (spin screen around to use keyboard) ?
What's it like anotating in hand writing?
My hand writing sucks and I type faster than I write, but it'd be nice to be able to sketch diagrams / graphs and stuff - did you find your tablet useful for this?
And the 64 million dollar question ?
When WILL apple build me an OS X tablet 😉

JF
 
anyone own or have owned/used the IBM Thinkpad X41 ?

That seems to be a great tablet and I'm thinking of buying one before school starts.