Tablet vs Normal Laptop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have to make a decision in the next week as to whether to get a normal laptop or get a Tablet. I am going with Lenovo and they have a great price on both. Can anyone who has a tablet, or has used a tablet in the past, give me the pros and cons of them? I would prefer people that have used them within the past year, since the technology of tablets has improved immensely in the past couple years.
Thank you so much for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

In the end this really is a money issue. The real question is can you afford the tablet? If yes then buy the tablet. Tablets, and I am open to correction on this, are the same as the normal laptop with the added tablet feature. If you have the money then get the feature. If you dont have the extra money laying around, which I dont thinkl is the case if you are buying Lenovo cause you can get just as a good a laptop for cheaper, dont worry cause a regular laptop will work just as good for surfing the net during a boring lecture.

In the end this really is a money issue. The real question is can you afford the tablet? If yes then buy the tablet. Tablets, and I am open to correction on this, are the same as the normal laptop with the added tablet feature. If you have the money then get the feature. If you dont have the extra money laying around, which I dont thinkl is the case if you are buying Lenovo cause you can get just as a good a laptop for cheaper, dont worry cause a regular laptop will work just as good for surfing the net during a boring lecture.

Sometimes you have to pay a little more for quality. I have never met a person who didn't live their thinkpad...they always last forever and hold up! Plus the dental school I am going to is offering an amazing deal on both tablets and reg. laptops...better than anything I have ever seen!! (and i used to work at best buy selling pc's)
Have you ever used a tablet on a consistent basis? Cause I'm pretty sure there other pros and cons than just "an added feature"

you should worry about weight, your going to be carrying it all over the place so regular laptops.