Technology Tactics Ogre and FFIVCC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kahr

Resident OMFP
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting or pre-ordered Tactics Ogre for the PSP tomorrow? I know I am! I only vague knew about the game while growing up, but so many other amazing games overshadowed it, though I think if they had localized the SNES version I would've played it (yes, I was that generation of gamer that was obsessed with FF2, 3, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, etc etc). Anyway, seems this version of Tactics Ogre is just chock full of happiness, fixes to the slow down, improved graphics, new characters and systems, menu fixes. Anyway, I was a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics, and this is the same team who made that game, so anyone out there who liked it as well, you might look into Tactics Ogre too!

I know they've done a dozen ports and remakes of Final Fantasy IV (2 in the US originally), but gee golly, I'm still super excited about the upcoming FFIV Complete Collection, heck it comes with the new sequel game! Plus, I'm still devoted to the 2D, so this remake is extra appealing to me (compared to the NDS remake that was 3D). Anyone else with me on this one?

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Tactics Ogre was awesome. I see I am not alone in being an abused victim of Squeenix in buying remakes of childhood games over and over.

I'll start a flame-war: FF6 and FF9 were amazing and the best on their respective consoles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tactics Ogre was awesome. I see I am not alone in being an abused victim of Squeenix in buying remakes of childhood games over and over.

I'll start a flame-war: FF6 and FF9 were amazing and the best on their respective consoles.

Sorry to douse your flame, but I actually agree.

Sorry to douse your flame, but I actually agree.

Awesome! :thumbup:

The initial use for my PSP was actually as a portable SNES emulator to allow me to play through FF6 and Chrono Trigger in class where a laptop was just a little bit too obvious, heh. Once PS1 emulation took off, being able to have portable FF8 and FF9 on the go was great! (and I think there's an official release of FF9 on the PSP now too?)

Awesome! :thumbup:

The initial use for my PSP was actually as a portable SNES emulator to allow me to play through FF6 and Chrono Trigger in class where a laptop was just a little bit too obvious, heh. Once PS1 emulation took off, being able to have portable FF8 and FF9 on the go was great! (and I think there's an official release of FF9 on the PSP now too?)

Yep, all the PSX FFs are on PSN. I think they're finally bringing Xenogears and Vagrant Story to PSN as well.

FF7 killed FF9.

FF7 killed FF9.

Personally, I rank the PSX ones 9, 8 then 7. FF9 got overshadowed incredibly because it was released for the PS1 after the PS2 came out. It's really good to the fans, lots of throwbacks to previous titles; it's like Square said "man, let's just make a fun games for the fans like the good old days".

Coincidentally, FF9 was one of the last FFs to come out of Squaresoft.

FFIV Complete: Wow, I feel pretty cheated now. Apparently the Japanese version had options to switch the language to English completely, and considering psp is region free, I could've simply played the Japanese version earlier! Cheated!

There were no improvements over the Japanese versions?

None. It was just seemingly a delayed release to Europe and the US (the Japanese version also had a complete French language option), perhaps gauging sales in Japan before making definitive production/shipment decisions for the international markets? *shrug*