Take AAMC R Exams or Take CBT Versions?

Started by Hello678
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello678

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have AAMC 3-7 R. Should I take these longer versions, or take the CBT versions? I also plan on taking AAMC 8-11 CBT. I am taking the MCAT Sept. 1
 
I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.
 
Last edited:
Do the CBTs have any material that isn't in the R-tests?

I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.
 
You know. I was thinking the same thing. I have 3-9R. I took 3,4,5 and scored 30ish on those. When I was reviewing my answers I realized that some passages I answer all the questions correctly and on other passages I had a less than stellar performance. I began thinking "What if the CBT versions had omitted ones that I scored wrong? My score would go up. Or what if the CBT version omitted questions I scored right? My score would go down." So I used it as a range score and studied my ass off. This happened for 3,4,5 and I began to think "I really need a more accurate prediction of my score."

Then earlier this week I took 9R and PWNED that ****. Now I could care less if its CBT or R. Ill kill it anyways.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad