• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Apr 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I have AAMC 3-7 R. Should I take these longer versions, or take the CBT versions? I also plan on taking AAMC 8-11 CBT. I am taking the MCAT Sept. 1

paul411

ANES
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Do the CBTs have any material that isn't in the R-tests?

I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.

About the Ads
Jul 27, 2011
SunShine State
Status
Pre-Medical
You know. I was thinking the same thing. I have 3-9R. I took 3,4,5 and scored 30ish on those. When I was reviewing my answers I realized that some passages I answer all the questions correctly and on other passages I had a less than stellar performance. I began thinking "What if the CBT versions had omitted ones that I scored wrong? My score would go up. Or what if the CBT version omitted questions I scored right? My score would go down." So I used it as a range score and studied my ass off. This happened for 3,4,5 and I began to think "I really need a more accurate prediction of my score."

Then earlier this week I took 9R and PWNED that ****. Now I could care less if its CBT or R. Ill kill it anyways.

Jul 27, 2011
SunShine State
Status
Pre-Medical
Do the CBTs have any material that isn't in the R-tests?
Nope from what I understand the CBT are just R version missing questions...

About the Ads