Take AAMC R Exams or Take CBT Versions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have AAMC 3-7 R. Should I take these longer versions, or take the CBT versions? I also plan on taking AAMC 8-11 CBT. I am taking the MCAT Sept. 1

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.

Last edited:
Do the CBTs have any material that isn't in the R-tests?

I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.

You know. I was thinking the same thing. I have 3-9R. I took 3,4,5 and scored 30ish on those. When I was reviewing my answers I realized that some passages I answer all the questions correctly and on other passages I had a less than stellar performance. I began thinking "What if the CBT versions had omitted ones that I scored wrong? My score would go up. Or what if the CBT version omitted questions I scored right? My score would go down." So I used it as a range score and studied my ass off. This happened for 3,4,5 and I began to think "I really need a more accurate prediction of my score."

Then earlier this week I took 9R and PWNED that ****. Now I could care less if its CBT or R. Ill kill it anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)