1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Take AAMC R Exams or Take CBT Versions?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Hello678, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Hello678

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have AAMC 3-7 R. Should I take these longer versions, or take the CBT versions? I also plan on taking AAMC 8-11 CBT. I am taking the MCAT Sept. 1

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I recommend doing some of the R-tests to build up endurance and get extra practice. Definitely use the later AAMC CBTs (8-11) as simulations of the real MCAT.

I should just add that the R-tests and CBTs have overlapping contents, so if you do the R-test, the CBT version for that test is essentially useless.

#2 paul411, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  4. Hello678

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do the CBTs have any material that isn't in the R-tests?

5. DrDotooMuch

Pre-Medical
    You know. I was thinking the same thing. I have 3-9R. I took 3,4,5 and scored 30ish on those. When I was reviewing my answers I realized that some passages I answer all the questions correctly and on other passages I had a less than stellar performance. I began thinking "What if the CBT versions had omitted ones that I scored wrong? My score would go up. Or what if the CBT version omitted questions I scored right? My score would go down." So I used it as a range score and studied my ass off. This happened for 3,4,5 and I began to think "I really need a more accurate prediction of my score."

Then earlier this week I took 9R and PWNED that ****. Now I could care less if its CBT or R. Ill kill it anyways.

6. DrDotooMuch

Pre-Medical
    Nope from what I understand the CBT are just R version missing questions...

7. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This is correct.