COMLEX Take an NBME or take a COMSAE?

Started by Balo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Balo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I need some advice. I need to pass a benchmark COMSAE soon before my COMLEX (scheduled for in a month; it may have to be moved back if I don't hit decent numbers on my COMSAE), but I want to take a practice test beforehand to make sure I can hit the required score and the studying I've been doing hasn't been for naught. Which should I take, NBME which is tailored to Step, or another COMSAE, which won't let me review questions? Also, if you have specific recommendations on which one I should take besides UWSA2 and NBME18 (I want to potentially take those later), please let me know.

I've taken COMSAE103b a couple weeks back, and it was lower than I needed. I took AMBOSS and COMBANK tests before that COMSAE, but I haven't taken an NBME. I am not registered for USMLE so far because I'm not very confident that I can take it in a month without pushing back, and I've heard how much a hassle it's been with cancellations and finding spots. Thanks in advance.
 
Take a COMSAE, as the COMSAEs share questions and topics, so it will help prepare you for the benchmark COMSAE. Then, when you want to decide if you will take STEP, take a NBME to gauge if you are ready for STEP.