Balo

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey, I need some advice. I need to pass a benchmark COMSAE soon before my COMLEX (scheduled for in a month; it may have to be moved back if I don't hit decent numbers on my COMSAE), but I want to take a practice test beforehand to make sure I can hit the required score and the studying I've been doing hasn't been for naught. Which should I take, NBME which is tailored to Step, or another COMSAE, which won't let me review questions? Also, if you have specific recommendations on which one I should take besides UWSA2 and NBME18 (I want to potentially take those later), please let me know.

I've taken COMSAE103b a couple weeks back, and it was lower than I needed. I took AMBOSS and COMBANK tests before that COMSAE, but I haven't taken an NBME. I am not registered for USMLE so far because I'm not very confident that I can take it in a month without pushing back, and I've heard how much a hassle it's been with cancellations and finding spots. Thanks in advance.

OverlyRomantic

5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Take a COMSAE, as the COMSAEs share questions and topics, so it will help prepare you for the benchmark COMSAE. Then, when you want to decide if you will take STEP, take a NBME to gauge if you are ready for STEP.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.