Take calculus now or at post bacc program?also bio question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LupaCupcake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that calculus is not a requirement of most schools, but it is for some and still considered a recommendation at others. I was going to take it with my current school, but in order to do that I need to take one more pre-req course to get into it. I did not initially take that course because I went into statistics instead. I do not have a lot of wiggle room with my credits until graduation so I must pick classes carefully.

At this point I can take the other prereq course (irritating because I already have another math course done plus my statistics class) then take calculus OR....I can wait and take Calculus at the post bacc program I am intending to use. (I already looked into the prereqs for their course so that is not an issue) I also want to add, my post bacc school will probably be harvard extension which would most likely be more respected than my current school. My school is not bad, but it is not anything glorious either. What do you think?

Also...I am a biology minor. I am deciding between taking a class in Neurobiology which does interest me or an advanced level molecular and cellular biology class which I figured would be beneficial for med school. (both courses are advanced level courses and both are worth the same amount of credits)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd just wait on the calculus class, especially if you're planning on taking it in your post-bac program anyway. I assume you are aiming towards M.D. if you are taking calculus... not a requirement for D.O.

I'd say take the Neurobiology course if it interests you more.

yes M.D and I am going to try for some top schools (along with safety schools of course)