Take more classes or go for MCAT?

Started by vitruviano
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vitruviano

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody - I've been reading through the non traditional forums like a mad man, but still I have a question. First, here are my stats:
cGPA: 2.96
sGPA: 2.64
postbaccGPA: 3.6 (genetics, physics I and II and biochem)
sGPA including postbacc: 2.83
Also took GRE: 320 (164 Verbal and 155 Quant)

I planned on applying to SMP's with my GRE, but read on the forums that wasn't a very good idea. My question now is essentially: should I plan on crushing my MCAT and hopefully get into a good SMP OR should I take more DIY postbacc to get my sGPA to at least a 3.0?
 
Hey everybody - I've been reading through the non traditional forums like a mad man, but still I have a question. First, here are my stats:
cGPA: 2.96
sGPA: 2.64
postbaccGPA: 3.6 (genetics, physics I and II and biochem)
sGPA including postbacc: 2.83
Also took GRE: 320 (164 Verbal and 155 Quant)

I planned on applying to SMP's with my GRE, but read on the forums that wasn't a very good idea. My question now is essentially: should I plan on crushing my MCAT and hopefully get into a good SMP OR should I take more DIY postbacc to get my sGPA to at least a 3.0?
read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention