Take Sept MCAT or wait to next year.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should I do? I already submitted my app and received like 11 secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken it before or would it be your first time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think you're ready? How have you been doing on practice tests? Tell us whats giving you second thoughts about taking the exam.

If you've already submitted your app and secondaries, all the schools are waiting for is your MCAT score. If you take in September, the earliest you'll be getting scores back is October. If you were to wait until January to take the MCAT, it would be much too late. In order to apply this cycle (Fall of 2008 starting class) you must have taken an MCAT by September.

Any advice?

Are you already registered for September? Honestly if you've already paid all that money to apply I would go ahead and take in September. Study your butt off until then and do your best. If you wait until January then you've forfeited all that money and will be considered a reapplicant.

I have not paid for the secondaries but I am waiting to get my score. I will decide if I will submit it. I really want to get them in thought. I am not registered for the Sept MCAT. I was registered for the Aug 20 but I was not ready and the location was too far,

If you've already submitted your app and secondaries, all the schools are waiting for is your MCAT score. If you take in September, the earliest you'll be getting scores back is October. If you were to wait until January to take the MCAT, it would be much too late. In order to apply this cycle (Fall of 2008 starting class) you must have taken an MCAT by September.

I was thinking of waiting another year and apply for 2009.

Well my VR is not improving. I getting like VR 5. I have took three EK 101 passage with the same score. For the other section I do have work, but I think my score will improve with good content review. I have not taken a lot of practice test.

I have not paid for the secondaries but I am waiting to get my score. I will decide if I will submit it. I really want to get them in thought. I am not registered for the Sept MCAT. I was registered for the Aug 20 but I was not ready and the location was too far,

Wait but you submitted the primary app right?

Since you are only scoring 5's in verbal, you will not be a competitive applicant. At the minimal, you need to score an 8. You could get away with a 7 if your other scores are double digits.

Some medical schools do not even look at the primary. They automatically send out secondaries.

Just hold out for another year. Sadly, you will have to forfeit the money that you invested for the primary.

wait...I thought you have to have your MCAT score in the primary application before admissions will even take the application seriously, and give secondary application.

I think EK verbal is harder, so a 5 on EK, maybe equivalent to a 7 or 8 on AAMC, keep practicing, and Take it, whats the worst that can happen, a retake???

wait...I thought you have to have your MCAT score in the primary application before admissions will even take the application seriously, and give secondary application.

No you dont. I sent my primary w/o my MCAT scores.