Take the B or the S?

doc_hulk

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2019
I am currently in the process of demonstrating an upward trend, but I have only done so for 1.5 years and plan on doing a year of DIY post-bacc classes. As I am trying to get my GPA above 3.0, every credit I take matters. This past spring, I got 4 As and 1 B, which was in a graduate-level pharmacology class. My advisor suggests that I should keep the B instead of choosing the S (Satisfactory) option as it would show ad-coms that I did well in a rigorous semester (Cancer Biology, Biopsych, Pharmacology class, Evolution, O-Chem 2 Lab). Since literally every credit matters in bringing the GPA above 3.0, do you recommend I keep the B or take the S?

Additionally, is 2.5 years of upward trend in undergraduate classes enough to demonstrate reinvention with an MCAT score above 515? I have no preference between DO or MD schools and will take what I can get.

Thank you for your time.

@Goro @Faha

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.