Take the Georgetown interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Take it?

• Go for it!

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Stick with LSU; forget G-town.

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

chameleonknight

Friggin go away, freaks.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I need some help!

I've already been accepted into my state school, but I just got an interview invite from Georgetown. I've heard very mixed reviews about this place, and I'm wondering if it's even worth going to a march interview. How does it stack up as far as research, academic medicine, etc? Is it really just a feeder for ortho? What about other surgical sub-specialities?

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey kid! Go to G-Town - then we'll be neighbors and we can party together!!!

I think Gtown is definitely worth a look. I enjoyed my interview day and liked the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgetown is really unique... most people seem to either love it or hate it. Either way, you won't really know unless you go hear what they have to say. Besides, DC is lots of fun :)

If you can swing it financially, then go to the interview. Or else you'll never know if you would have liked it.

Good points by all.

D.C. here I come....

If nothing else I can skip class for two days. :)

I have interviewed at both LSU-NO and Georgetown and the two schools are completely different. LSU-NO has cheap in state tuition and a well rounded program. Georgetown is expensive but it has an excellent reputation for getting students into the surgical subspecialties. They showed us their match lists from the past three years on interview day and it is every bit as good as advertised. They do absolutely no research at the school though (which I am not interested in anyway), but you can do research at NIH which is down the street from the school. Definately go to the interview though, it is worth the trip. By the way the facillities are not even close to as bad as everyone says.

Thanks, tiger.

I was always under the impression that research was key for a good match, but hey, maybe not.

And like you said, cheap = good.

Brick: man, oh man...:D how long till we would flunk out??

There is plenty of great research at Georgetown. The New Research Building is equipped with great resources. I have been doing research at Georgetown for about years and it has been a great research environment with plenty of guest lectures and opportunity. Lombardi Cancer Center is a NCI designated cancer center with tons of funding for research both in the clinic and in the lab.

Originally posted by highclass
There is plenty of great research at Georgetown. The New Research Building is equipped with great resources. I have been doing research at Georgetown for about years and it has been a great research environment with plenty of guest lectures and opportunity. Lombardi Cancer Center is a NCI designated cancer center with tons of funding for research both in the clinic and in the lab.

We stand corrected.

On a more personal note, which school are you leaning towards personally tiger? If you don't want to answer publically, could you send me a PM?

In NO, we could go to LSU football games in Baton Rouge...I'm going to count that as a plus towards "student life"

:D

Go check out GT