Take USMLE Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Issa_Mithras

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

USMLE ~ around 240
COMLEX ~ around 650

Wondering if it is a better idea to take both USMLE step 2 & COMLEX level 2 or if it wouldn't make a difference if I only take COMLEX level 2. Also, what are your recommendations for when to take step 2/level 2?

I'm not trying to troll but honestly don't feel confident I can score better on step 2/level 2 and don't want to decrease my chances at a good program if I end up doing worse. Thanks!
 
Hi all,

USMLE ~ around 240
COMLEX ~ around 650

Wondering if it is a better idea to take both USMLE step 2 & COMLEX level 2 or if it wouldn't make a difference if I only take COMLEX level 2. Also, what are your recommendations for when to take step 2/level 2?

I'm not trying to troll but honestly don't feel confident I can score better on step 2/level 2 and don't want to decrease my chances at a good program if I end up doing worse. Thanks!

I wouldn't unless you do less than desirable on COMLEX 2.
 
Hi all,

USMLE ~ around 240
COMLEX ~ around 650

Wondering if it is a better idea to take both USMLE step 2 & COMLEX level 2 or if it wouldn't make a difference if I only take COMLEX level 2. Also, what are your recommendations for when to take step 2/level 2?

I'm not trying to troll but honestly don't feel confident I can score better on step 2/level 2 and don't want to decrease my chances at a good program if I end up doing worse. Thanks!
Hi,

I just started year 3, I finished STEP1 , did okay , not great, so I want to kill Step 2. Can someone pls help me figure out which resources are best for the exam. I have lined up UWorld and MTB so far. For ObGyn, Im studying UWorld and Case files.