Takin DAT in 18 days....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isuclones85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have some time to study but I feel like I am going to fail. I took one topscore prac. test so far and got an AA of a 16 or a 17 which is terrible. My gchem and orgo scores were not good at all and I'm feeling like I am going to bomb this thing (right now anyway) I am going to coop myself up in the library for the remaining days...take the other two topscore tests and also get acheiver and do those. I have destroyer already. I really need someones advice on what/how to study for g-chem and orgo. I feel like those two sections are my worst enemies (ESPECIALLY gchem).

Members don't see this ad.

I still have some time to study but I feel like I am going to fail. I took one topscore prac. test so far and got an AA of a 16 or a 17 which is terrible. My gchem and orgo scores were not good at all and I'm feeling like I am going to bomb this thing (right now anyway) I am going to coop myself up in the library for the remaining days...take the other two topscore tests and also get acheiver and do those. I have destroyer already. I really need someones advice on what/how to study for g-chem and orgo. I feel like those two sections are my worst enemies (ESPECIALLY gchem).

keep chugging away!!! goood luck!! focus on your weak areas and work hard..I'm rooting for ya!
-ld

Most people see a 2+ increase on topscore...the calculations on the real thing are a joke..honestly

Just remember in Ochem and Gchem--they ask the same questions all the time....you HAVE TO KNOW: acidic hydrogen next to carbonyl, rank electronegativites, a PV=nRT, redox problem,etc..If you see it on Kaplan, Topscore, the one the ADA gives us, it is going to be on the test!!...keep going dude, 18 days is a lot of days to make a 2-3+ increase on topscore which could translate higher on the real thing.

ask me, my performance was like you and bombed the DAT...If you bomb it, you have to retake in three month and that's late for your application timing...listen my friend, reschedule, reschedule, reschedule
that's my 2cents

Most people see a 2+ increase on topscore...the calculations on the real thing are a joke..honestly

Just remember in Ochem and Gchem--they ask the same questions all the time....you HAVE TO KNOW: acidic hydrogen next to carbonyl, rank electronegativites, a PV=nRT, redox problem,etc..If you see it on Kaplan, Topscore, the one the ADA gives us, it is going to be on the test!!...keep going dude, 18 days is a lot of days to make a 2-3+ increase on topscore which could translate higher on the real thing.

Hey, could you explain the acidic hydrogen next to a carbonyl? Would it just be the alpha carbon is the most acidic then the beta...etc? :confused:

Like in this quest, what is the most acidic H?

H3C-C=O-CH2-CH2-CH3
Orange or blue and why?..thanks