Taking 2 pre-req classes online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ebwgebgeb

Reaction score
Do dental schools accept pre req classes taken online (excluding classes taken online due to COVID)?? and if so, do they look down upon it? I took a class online between fall and spring semester but it doesnt show as the class being online on my transcript

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
usually it doesn't show on your transcript if its online/in-person. I wouldn't worry about it
So if I take a science pre req online and do NOT say that it was an online class on the special designation part of the courses section of the AADSAS, I'll be okay?

What school offered the class online? That said, it is calculus, and I don't think it's a uniform requirement for dental school admissions. Even so, I don't see it as an issue once I know who offered the course.
Oh, does it matter where the class was taken? I was more asking in general if its okay to not indicate a class as being online that IS a pre-requisite?

Oh, does it matter where the class was taken? I was more asking in general if its okay to not indicate a class as being online that IS a pre-requisite?
It matters that the institution is US accredited. You do not need to indicate whether a class is delivered online, and from what I know, the transcript won't really indicate it either. Over the last 10 years, many more so-called in-person on-campus classes have actually morphed into hybrid learning where some instruction or discussions occur through online course discussion boards to complement lectures. Some schools even have both in-person and online prerequisite course sections for the same course in the same semester to expand capacity beyond just the limits of a lecture hall. (Things I know from having been in the undergrad world as well.)

Reactions: 1 users