Taking a gap year before transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoctor4

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello lovely people. So I'm a junior transfer and due to my current situation, I may have to take a year off to earn money for my education. I recently came across Americorps and it would be the perfect opportunity to serve, make a bit of money and maybe even use any free time I have to study for the MCAT.

Is this a wise idea or should I do something else instead? Any and all suggestions are highly welcomed.

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Do you only need a few thousand to pay for your classes? Americorps is not a very lucrative job. If it's something you're very passionate about, go ahead and do it. But there are better options such as scribing, being a medical assistant, or being EMT, all of which you can do without needing a completed bachelor's, they pay more, and they're directly health care related.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you only need a few thousand to pay for your classes? Americorps is not a very lucrative job. If it's something you're very passionate about, go ahead and do it. But there are better options such as scribing, being a medical assistant, or being EMT, all of which you can do without needing a completed bachelor's, they pay more, and they're directly health care related.
Thank you for the suggestion, I need about 8k which would give me leverage. I will definitely look into those other options you've listed.