Taking a year off after residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkhan.endo

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I'm so confused with my life.

I am about to start 3rd year next month and its time to look for jobs/apply for fellowships. I'm really interested in endocrine but I'm so tired of being in training and not having time off to do whatever I want. I don't want to work as a hospitalist or primary care because I'm on a J1 visa so I need a waiver and if I start working i'll be stuck in that waiver job for 3 years. Also, Im from canada and want to go back as my husband and family are there.

My question is: I really want to take a year off after I graduate is that normal? has anyone ever done that? Plan to have a kid etc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.