Taking a yr off

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poliomyelitis

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just recently graduated back in May and I'm currently taking a yr off from school. I am also applying to optometry schools, got accepted to one and have interviews in the upcoming months. Besides volunteering and taking a nice vacation, should I brush up on my anatomy and physics?? or read any other books to help me be prepared when I start optometry school next fall??? Should I take a spanish course?? (located in south texas, high pop. of spanish speakers, maybe a benefit for my future career??)
Any comments or recommendation please feel free to respond! thanks!
 
I don't think you'll need to study anything before you go into optometry school. Spanish class would be cool if you wanted to take the time to do it. A second language has helped me out greatly in Optometry and gives me more opportunities I think.