Taking Classed after Graduating

Started by Adam638
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Adam638

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating in May and wondering if you can still take undergraduate courses at your University even after you've graduated. I wouldn't mind getting a second degree, but don't know if you can still take courses after graduating. My school doesn't have a Post-Bacc, so I'm wondering if this is an option? Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school has four options post-bacc:

1) Second undergrad degree
2) Graduate degree
3) "a la carte" student -- limited to 6 hours/semester
4) Non-degree post-bacc student -- no limit on hours, but pay graduate rate

I'm sure you're school has something similar. Check with the admissions/registrar's office.
 
It depends on the school. I've done my post-bacc work at a university where I enroll as a "graduate special" student. I'm a grad student because I have a BA, but I'm not enrolled in a graduate program. I'm limited to 6 credits per semester and don't qualify for financial aid.