Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Taking courses at many schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by CruzingIce, 09.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. CruzingIce

CruzingIce

I have taken my courses at many undergrad schools. I have 4 schools already including summer classes. I am thinking about retaking some prereqs at a 5th school that is nearby my home. Would this look bad when applying for medical schools?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 911 Turbo

911 Turbo MS-1 Gold Donor 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    well what four schools have you taken classes at?

are we talking Harvard, MIT, Princeton, and Yale
    or University of Phoenix, Everest College, Underfunded Community College. and Devry?

the rule of thumb here is to avoid taking prereqs at a community college, other then that I don't think it makes a difference as long as they are reputable institutions

4. jonnythan

jonnythan Some men play tennis, I erode the human soul 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My app had 3/4 schools. One CC, one state school, and one top tier university. My degree is from the state school.

So it might not be ideal, but do what you have to do. I don't think anyone cares all that much unless you're obviously taking difficult classes at places they might be easier. So don't take Orgo 1/2 at the local CC when you're getting your degree from UC Berkeley.

About the ads