Taking courses to prepare for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tony729

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to take A&P and possibly microbiology before dental school to prepare a bit. I graduated last year from college and was wondering what options I have. Is there a way to take these courses, I have interviews coming up and a job so I don't think I will be able to enroll in a community college. Is there any other options, i don't mind if it is on my record just want to learn.

Members don't see this ad.

Just want to learn? how about finding classes online? free, self paced, and painless to your academic record.
I'm sure coursera or another credible site could help you (I've seen an intro class to dentistry once on coursera). You could also grab a book if you enjoy doing so.
My advice however, is don't try to learn too much or too hard, you don't want to enter to dental school with prior knowledge that could confuse you and you don't want to come to dental school with an exhausted brain...

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds good, I'll look into that. Also, I was thinking about asking the professor teaching at my local community college if I can sit in.