Retake Pre Req courses for Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starstruckdoc1

Reaction score
Hello, I am a student at UCR and I am taking the Pre-Req courses needed for dental school. I didn't do well on some of my science courses that are needed and want to retake them. Problem is, UCR doesn't allow retakes unless you get a D+ or lower. I didn't get a D+ so I can't retake the courses there. Do dental schools take online credits from Southern California University Health Sciences if I were to retake my classes online from that school.

Members don't see this ad.

The only time it makes sense to repeat a course is when:
1. The grade is a C- or lower
2. The applicant is inadequately prepared in the basic science courses required for ds.

If you didn't get a D+ or lower, what did you get? I agree with the previous answer that nothing under C- would be worth retaking it, unless you have the time. All the schools I'm applying to took all my online credits. I believe as long as the University is accredited, 4-year school, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Any deviation from that, you might want to reach out to school you are applying for to get clarification.