Taking DAT in August!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent1011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I am taking the DAT on Aug 18... I am afraid this may be late..? I have already submitted my app and everything else will be in and ready just waiting for those scores...

How long does it usually take for the DAT scores to be FWDed to schools / show up on application???

I tried to move the date up earlier bc i would really like to max my chance of Pre-Dec interviews!!!

What do you guys think??? If I write on Aug 18 is this going to be too late??? My GPA is only average...! :confused:

sorry but im really stressing outttt

Members don't see this ad.

it might be too late depending on the school...i dunno. it takes about 2-3 weeks for the scores to show up on your app, and then they are sent to dental schools with the next mailing date...at least that's what i've been told. best to take it early if you're ready!

When you finish the DAT, ask the testing center for a printed copy of your test scores. Then check each of your schools' policies about possibly faxing your scores to them. Some schools might be willing to use the faxed scores to proceed with your application and then they can verify the scores later when they are mailed 2-3 weeks later. It won't hurt to try, and it could possobly get the ball rolling with some adcoms.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone

I am taking the DAT on Aug 18... I am afraid this may be late..? I have already submitted my app and everything else will be in and ready just waiting for those scores...

How long does it usually take for the DAT scores to be FWDed to schools / show up on application???

I tried to move the date up earlier bc i would really like to max my chance of Pre-Dec interviews!!!

What do you guys think??? If I write on Aug 18 is this going to be too late??? My GPA is only average...! :confused:

dent, i agree with the post about getting an official copy of your dat and faxing it to the schools. but, did you have a hard time getting a date for the test? i am planning on taking it in mid august and havnt set it up yet.

dent, i agree with the post about getting an official copy of your dat and faxing it to the schools. but, did you have a hard time getting a date for the test? i am planning on taking it in mid august and havnt set it up yet.

you can pretty much set up a test date for any day of the year.

ya i signed up for my DAT yesterday and I'm taking it Aug 17th. there are many dates and times available but i assume its relative to where you are taking it at. good luck dent.

you must be out your mind, there's NO WAY it is too late!!!!

lololol ppl

Hey everyone

My DAT took several weeks to be processed by AADSAS. My cousin took her DAT in July and then again in October. She was accepted to 2 schools in the 2009 cycle. Good luck. Just try to do your best on that test! :cool:

Thanks everyone!!
I feel a little better :)

This morning I moved it up a week...!! Not that it's going to help a great deal but if it gives me a lil more peace of mind that my whole app wont be in later than end of aug then its all good!!

There are many dates available still i am sure
But i am taking it in Canada!!

Good luck everyone!!

:xf::xf:

Friend got her APP "complete" by Mid-August. Had 3 pre-dec interviews with one accept. GPA was around 3.4-3.5 with 21-23 DAT. Don't worry be happy!:thumbup:

I originally planned to take the DAT in late August but decided getting it done early was a better idea. I'm very glad now that I already have it in.

Friend got her APP "complete" by Mid-August. Had 3 pre-dec interviews with one accept. GPA was around 3.4-3.5 with 21-23 DAT. Don't worry be happy!:thumbup:

But if you take DAT mid-august won't your app be complete around mid september?

I spoke with someone from UMD who said any DAT scores sent late-Aug/Mid sept are still considered early applicants