Taking gap year, will my OAT scores be valid?

Started by kzn
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kzn

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the OAT in August of last year (2017). If I start applying this summer for admission into optometry for Fall 2019, will be OAT scores be valid. I know they "last" for years, but I just wanted to check. Thanks.
 
I took the OAT in August of last year (2017). If I start applying this summer for admission into optometry for Fall 2019, will be OAT scores be valid. I know they "last" for years, but I just wanted to check. Thanks.

Yes you will be ok with those! When this summer comes they will only be 1 year old so you're good.

They would be too late if you submitted in august 2019 for fall 2020 matriculation. By that time they would be 2 years old which is what most schools consider too old.