Taking grad courses

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JKDMed said:
Does taking graduate courses as a non-matric disqualify one from getting stafford loans? How does one pay for these?

I can't answer your first question about loans, but I put myself through grad school by working full-time and taking 1-2 classes a semester. Took longer to get my degree, but at least I don't have any student loans to pay back now. Many employers (both in academia and industry - I've had both over the years) have pretty good tuition reimbursement packages included in your benefits which help to defray at least part of the cost of classes.
 
microgin said:
I can't answer your first question about loans, but I put myself through grad school by working full-time and taking 1-2 classes a semester. Took longer to get my degree, but at least I don't have any student loans to pay back now. Many employers (both in academia and industry - I've had both over the years) have pretty good tuition reimbursement packages included in your benefits which help to defray at least part of the cost of classes.

I said as a non-matric, meaning I wouldn't be working towards a degree.
 
I think it's harder to get financial aid/loans if you're not degree seeking. How about scholarships as another option?