Taking MCAT again,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vido

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT on may 27 and the test was kind of hard and i am planning to reserve a place to retake it just in case. anyway the only time that is available in my area would be in august 5 or 7, would it still be okay to tell the med school that i am expecting another score in these times or would it just be late. thanks and i would appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

on your AMCAS 2009 application you indicate when you plan on retaking the exam

Members don't see this ad :)
you may have done better than you thought. I felt really crappy after taking mine, but as it turns out, everyone else must've also. I personally would wait it out.

I felt REALLY bad about the Biological Sciences section in mine - I seriously would have been happy with an 8. I was completely and utterly shocked that I had gotten a 12. So don't discount yourself until you get your scores back. If you want to submit your app now, make sure you indicate when you are planning on taking your next MCAT. However, if you don't end up needing to retake, make sure you update the schools about this. I have a friend who got screwed last year because he told schools he was retaking and he ended up not taking it again, so the schools kept waiting and waiting for his new scores.