Taking MCAT June 17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCOC15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether to take the MCAT May 19th as I have scheduled or push it back to June 17th. Release date for the June scores would be July 19.

I feel comfortable submitting for verification before getting my scores back, so I'd be submitting my "real" applications July 19/20 and not needing to wait. I'll also have time to pre-write some secondary essays.

Having more time to prepare for the MCAT will help me do better, but probably by only a few points. I have a strong GPA/am non-trad, if that makes a difference.

So is it ok to take the MCAT in June and not be submitting until mid/late July?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to decide whether to take the MCAT May 19th as I have scheduled or push it back to June 17th. Release date for the June scores would be July 19.

I feel comfortable submitting for verification before getting my scores back, so I'd be submitting my "real" applications July 19/20 and not needing to wait. I'll also have time to pre-write some secondary essays.

Having more time to prepare for the MCAT will help me do better, but probably by only a few points. I have a strong GPA/am non-trad, if that makes a difference.

So is it ok to take the MCAT in June and not be submitting until mid/late July?

Thanks
mid-June is the latest I would take the MCAT. mid-July isn't late at any school, and will be considered early at most.