Taking MCAT June 17

Started by DOCOC15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOCOC15

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to decide whether to take the MCAT May 19th as I have scheduled or push it back to June 17th. Release date for the June scores would be July 19.

I feel comfortable submitting for verification before getting my scores back, so I'd be submitting my "real" applications July 19/20 and not needing to wait. I'll also have time to pre-write some secondary essays.

Having more time to prepare for the MCAT will help me do better, but probably by only a few points. I have a strong GPA/am non-trad, if that makes a difference.

So is it ok to take the MCAT in June and not be submitting until mid/late July?

Thanks
 
I'm trying to decide whether to take the MCAT May 19th as I have scheduled or push it back to June 17th. Release date for the June scores would be July 19.

I feel comfortable submitting for verification before getting my scores back, so I'd be submitting my "real" applications July 19/20 and not needing to wait. I'll also have time to pre-write some secondary essays.

Having more time to prepare for the MCAT will help me do better, but probably by only a few points. I have a strong GPA/am non-trad, if that makes a difference.

So is it ok to take the MCAT in June and not be submitting until mid/late July?

Thanks
mid-June is the latest I would take the MCAT. mid-July isn't late at any school, and will be considered early at most.