Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Taking more classees while waiting for interview or rejections!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by keliao, Dec 31, 2008.

1. keliao

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hello, so while am waiting either a rejection or an interview, i've decided to go back for more upper level science courses (just got my bachelor in biol spring08). I 'm planning on taking 16hrs of 3thousand/4thousand level sciences for this up coming spring 09. Do ya'll think will be enough to show my effort? working part-time and volunteering? I dont want to just sit around and do nothing.
    any1 else on the same boat as me?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. munecaDDS

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey yea Im doing the same thing . In Jan i'm taking a few classes working full time in a dental office and in the hospital volunteer work also. I think that dental schools will see that i can balance many activities and still take classes. Just make sure to get good grades and you should be fine!!! gl

4. slclp

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    im doing the same thing too, finished undergrad spring 08...worked fall semester. for spring i'm taking 13 hrs upper level sci classes n volunteering/shadowing n working part time. at the time i decided to take more classes i had only heard back from 2 schools n they were rejections :[ but i just got an invite for an interview so there's still hope!

I had talked to the dean of admissions at one of the schools i got rejected from and i think post bacc classes are always good.......as long as u get good grades hahha

5. munecaDDS

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What schools do you have interviews for . So far I have one rejection nova and 1 interview and hopefully waiting for more ..

6. DRHOYA

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Unless you have C's or lower in your core sciences, and you have your bachelors already...........maybe taking graduate level science classes instead of going back to take more undergrad. I did that, just completed my second semester.......while volunteering some.

7. joonkimdds

joonkimdds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I think that's a good idea.
    I am planning to take full time, shadowing, volunteering, preparing for application all at the same time.