Taking more classees while waiting for interview or rejections!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keliao

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, so while am waiting either a rejection or an interview, i've decided to go back for more upper level science courses (just got my bachelor in biol spring08). I 'm planning on taking 16hrs of 3thousand/4thousand level sciences for this up coming spring 09. Do ya'll think will be enough to show my effort? working part-time and volunteering? I dont want to just sit around and do nothing.
any1 else on the same boat as me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey yea Im doing the same thing . In Jan i'm taking a few classes working full time in a dental office and in the hospital volunteer work also. I think that dental schools will see that i can balance many activities and still take classes. Just make sure to get good grades and you should be fine!!! gl

im doing the same thing too, finished undergrad spring 08...worked fall semester. for spring i'm taking 13 hrs upper level sci classes n volunteering/shadowing n working part time. at the time i decided to take more classes i had only heard back from 2 schools n they were rejections :[ but i just got an invite for an interview so there's still hope!

I had talked to the dean of admissions at one of the schools i got rejected from and i think post bacc classes are always good.......as long as u get good grades hahha

Members don't see this ad :)
What schools do you have interviews for . So far I have one rejection nova and 1 interview and hopefully waiting for more ..

Unless you have C's or lower in your core sciences, and you have your bachelors already...........maybe taking graduate level science classes instead of going back to take more undergrad. I did that, just completed my second semester.......while volunteering some.

Hey yea Im doing the same thing . In Jan i'm taking a few classes working full time in a dental office and in the hospital volunteer work also. I think that dental schools will see that i can balance many activities and still take classes. Just make sure to get good grades and you should be fine!!! gl

I think that's a good idea.
I am planning to take full time, shadowing, volunteering, preparing for application all at the same time.