Taking My Veterinary Technician Boards Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Erudite Kitty

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking my veterinary technician board exam (VTNE) on the 15th which is 170 questions which will determine if I become registered or not. I am quite scared that I will not pass and have to apply to veterinary clinics as a not licensed tech.

I guess what I am afraid of most is that it will ask questions that I do not know. I was the only student out of my graduating class with a 4.0 and went through all 5 editions of the Questions and Answers books in the past month. I also did Zuku review, Vet Tech Prep review, and a few apps. I still get questions wrong, but I know that will still happen because it is so broad of a field and it would take forever to memorize all of it.

Wish me luck!
 
I am taking my veterinary technician board exam (VTNE) on the 15th which is 170 questions which will determine if I become registered or not. I am quite scared that I will not pass and have to apply to veterinary clinics as a not licensed tech.

I guess what I am afraid of most is that it will ask questions that I do not know. I was the only student out of my graduating class with a 4.0 and went through all 5 editions of the Questions and Answers books in the past month. I also did Zuku review, Vet Tech Prep review, and a few apps. I still get questions wrong, but I know that will still happen because it is so broad of a field and it would take forever to memorize all of it.

Wish me luck!
@Erudite Kitty ... wishing you the best of success!

dogs.jpg
 
I'm sure you will be fine. You will never know all the answers to the test, and ultimately that test doesn't reflect on your true skills and abilities. Do the best you can, and know that no matter what happens, you are going to find a job either way because you have a valuable skill sit with or without the letters.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it's anything like the NAVLE, you probably know more than you think you do. And you'll probably think you're bombing it as you write it. And you'll probably pass just fine.

I regularly help my newbie techs study on the job. Are you in a clinic where a doc or experienced tech can casually quiz you?