Taking OAT in January...is this too late?

rtab723

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my OAT application, but have not taken my OAT yet. It looks like I will be taking it the first week of January, but I don't know if this is considered too late, especially for NOVA, which is my number one choice.

I was told previously as long as you submit by mid November, you would still be considered early admissions, however November is right around the corner, and I think it may be better to wait a couple months, allowing me more study time,and get a better score, rather than taking the test mid november, just to beat the early admissions deadline.

Any advice, or thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my OAT application, but have not taken my OAT yet. It looks like I will be taking it the first week of January, but I don't know if this is considered too late, especially for NOVA, which is my number one choice.

I was told previously as long as you submit by mid November, you would still be considered early admissions, however November is right around the corner, and I think it may be better to wait a couple months, allowing me more study time,and get a better score, rather than taking the test mid november, just to beat the early admissions deadline.

Any advice, or thoughts?
January won’t be too late, but just keep in mind that seats are filling up as time passes. NOVA’s secondary supplemental application has a deadline of April 1st. You should definitely submit your OptomCAS application as soon as you can, because processing time for that takes awhile then all you’ll have to do is send your OAT scores (some schools will take the unofficial score report). You’ll hopefully have an interview in January or February latest and admissions decision by February or March latest. Just a vague estimation. People have gotten interviews and seats sometimes later in spring as well. You’ll be fine and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users