Taking OChem Lab at regional campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdido09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Next year at Pittsburgh I will be taking Orgo I. However, the Orgo I Lab filled up before I registered for classes. Is it fine to take at a regional campus which still has an opening? I am going to continue to look for it on the main campus of course, but in the case that nothing opens up. Would it look bad for med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Please help, really important for my scheduling this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
would really appreciate some insight!

It won't matter at all. It is probably best to take orgo I lab at the same time as the labs normally match what is being learned in class at that time.

would really appreciate some insight!

That is what I figured.. but a regional campus usually is thought of as for students that didn't get into the main campus. I don't want it to look like I am trying to get a break or take one of the more important med school pre-reqs away from my actual school just to slack off. If it has no effect then I will definitely take it there, but if it does I'd just wait and take it next semester while taking OrgoII Lecture. Any other thoughts?

Will not matter so long as you make an A...

You should try to get the professor to sign you in or wait until someone drops and then take their seat. Is there a waiting list for the course?

Organic Chemistry is a course that describes reactions you will see in a laboratory setting. It's best when you actually take a lab at the same time to see these reactions you talk about in class actually occurring.

I found that I learned more in the lab than the lecture.

Honestly, just wait...it will probably be cheaper at Pitt too b/c of scholarships and who knows, maybe they'll open up a new section for lab. don't rush into things