jdido09

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Next year at Pittsburgh I will be taking Orgo I. However, the Orgo I Lab filled up before I registered for classes. Is it fine to take at a regional campus which still has an opening? I am going to continue to look for it on the main campus of course, but in the case that nothing opens up. Would it look bad for med schools?

jdido09

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Please help, really important for my scheduling this week!

jdido09

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
That is what I figured.. but a regional campus usually is thought of as for students that didn't get into the main campus. I don't want it to look like I am trying to get a break or take one of the more important med school pre-reqs away from my actual school just to slack off. If it has no effect then I will definitely take it there, but if it does I'd just wait and take it next semester while taking OrgoII Lecture. Any other thoughts?

StayingFocused

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
You should try to get the professor to sign you in or wait until someone drops and then take their seat. Is there a waiting list for the course?

Organic Chemistry is a course that describes reactions you will see in a laboratory setting. It's best when you actually take a lab at the same time to see these reactions you talk about in class actually occurring.

I found that I learned more in the lab than the lecture.

Honestly, just wait...it will probably be cheaper at Pitt too b/c of scholarships and who knows, maybe they'll open up a new section for lab. don't rush into things