Taking old MCAT in january Using sn2ed desperately need studying advice plz :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phixius12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, ok so here's where I'm at. I'm a non trad haven't taken my prereqs in years, so I'm pretty much relearning everything from scratch. I'm following Sn2eds schedule but I feel like since you only spend a day on a chapter theres no way you can master it in that day, well for someone like me whos relearning everything anyway.
My question is, to anyone who has used this schedule, should I just keep plowing through the material in the schedule, and expect to review everything again after the content review is done through doing problems and practice tests? I should be done with content review with the sn2 schedule in november and my test is in January. I'm planning on just doing solid practice for 2 months. But I'm really worried that since I'm just plowing through chapters with SN2ed, I'm not getting a firm grasp on content before moving on. Is this normal? Or should I slow down and spend more days on topics? I'm so lost as to what to do :( I feel like I don't know things very well at all and I'm just hoping that I'll remember everything by the time content review is done but I have no idea how thats possible. I'm feeling really discouraged right now because I just feel that there is so much content that I need to know and I don't really know what to do.
If anyone would help me out, possibly give me some advice on if the sn2 schedule is only for people who already have a solid background and aren't non trads like me. Sorry this is so long guys, I'm just really lost with how to study at this point and would appreciate some advice more than you'll know. Thanks for anyones input in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If you feel like you aren't learning it, you probably aren't! You have plenty of time to slow down, and having two months of practice won't be that helpful if you don't know the material. Any study schedule should really just be a starting point that you can tweak to better suit your needs – everyone comes at the exam from different backgrounds so you shouldn't feel like you're doing something wrong by having to modify a plan designed for someone else. It seems like people hype that study plan up a lot, but there's no one way to study for the MCAT.

I'm taking my MCAT soon and when I started studying about 3.5 months ago, I had no idea what was going on. I haven't done any actual science in over 3 years and took my basics like 6 years or so ago. My advice is don't rush. Spend a good 1.5-2 months on reviewing the content and doing practice along the way..there are plenty of sources that test your content knowledge such as EK 1001. Just do it as practice and if you get like 0%, oh well..don't let that get you down, learn from your mistakes. I'm nowhere near the level that some of the people on SDN are but all I can say is don't give up, you have plenty of time til test day. :)

Forgot to add: after you're done with content, start practicing with FL tests but save the AAMC ones until you're ready. Also, don't skip out on VR..my VR started around 4-5's and so I had to practice every day.