Taking Orgo & Phys. together?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biomaj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How was the experience with that?
(I looked for this topic, and couldn't find anything recent that didn't revolve around the reasoning either being to prep for the MCAT or avoid a gap year. I have those situations figured out already, just curious about my schedule at this point.)

Members don't see this ad.

How was the experience with that?
(I looked for this topic, and couldn't find anything recent that didn't revolve around the reasoning either being to prep for the MCAT or avoid a gap year. I have those situations figured out already, just curious about my schedule at this point.)

Physics or physiology? If you mean the former, I took Organic Chemistry II and Physics II together this past spring, while working part time, volunteering, shadowing, and preparing for a summer MCAT. It's doable. I'm not sure about orgo and physiology, but I suspect it's also doable if you manage your time well.

Physics or physiology? If you mean the former, I took Organic Chemistry II and Physics II together this past spring, while working part time, volunteering, shadowing, and preparing for a summer MCAT. It's doable. I'm not sure about orgo and physiology, but I suspect it's also doable if you manage your time well.

Physics.. haha. Don't think I'd be too worried if it was physiology. I don't work, I volunteer, & I shadow. I wont be studying too seriously for the MCAT while I'm taking these courses. Just curious, & thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Physics.. haha. Don't think I'd be too worried if it was physiology. I don't work, I volunteer, & I shadow. I wont be studying too seriously for the MCAT while I'm taking these courses. Just curious, & thank you!

:thumbup: :luck:

It's fine. Im constantly amazed at how people who want to go to med school are so afraid to take multiple intro level science courses at the same time. And I'm not calling you out specifically but it happens all the time on these boards.

Very doable. Mind you, orgo will probably kick your butt no matter how many or how few classes you take with it! Lol I did this my sophomore year and performed decently (B/B+ in orgo 1&2 and A's in Physics 1 & 2)

It's fine. Im constantly amazed at how people who want to go to med school are so afraid to take multiple intro level science courses at the same time. And I'm not calling you out specifically but it happens all the time on these boards.
Yea I want a challenge. I handled bio & gen chem just fine, with my honors & other maj. bio courses. I'm used to having 16+ credit semesters with all science courses. I just hear a lot of hubub from "upper classmen" about orgo & physics.