Taking physics at community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToliBro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been roughing out a schedule for my DIY postbacc at my alma mater 4yr university. Unfortunately, the only way they teach physics is basically a M-F schedule (5 days in class) in the early afternoon for both 1 & 2. As a working RN that's not really going to fly for me. I've considered taking it at a local CC instead as the schedule is ideal. Assuming I take any and all other pre-reqs at a 4-year university, would it be to my detriment to just take physics elsewhere outside of the schools that specifically don't like CCs?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I've been roughing out a schedule for my DIY postbacc at my alma mater 4yr university. Unfortunately, the only way they teach physics is basically a M-F schedule (5 days in class) in the early afternoon for both 1 & 2. As a working RN that's not really going to fly for me. I've considered taking it at a local CC instead as the schedule is ideal. Assuming I take any and all other pre-reqs at a 4-year university, would it be to my detriment to just take physics elsewhere outside of the schools that specifically don't like CCs?
Yeah, totally . I took all basic sciences in cC (physics 1, basic math, chem 1). Then I just did well in more advanced courses in the 4 year university and no one blinked an eye . Especially for non traditional students (I was one). You are working as RN, you are busy . They understand that ! Don’t worry . You are good .

Reactions: 3 users

Definitely not something to remotely worry about, just knock it out of the park.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I took physics 1 and 2 at a community college. Plus many more sciences. Current M2. Never once mentioned.

I took a few of my pre-reqs at a CC for the same reason, though not physics. Never came up once during an interview.

I took physics and one term of biology at a CC. I think the online classes I took at a a 4 year state university were a bigger problem, but schools in my area accept online if they are the same as an in person class offered by the same university. I will be starting as an M1 next week. I am also an RN.

Reactions: 1 user