Taking Pre-Reqs the Summer Before Starting Optometry School Allowed??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsindigo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
While deciding which schools to apply to I've had some trouble determining which schools allow you to take a pre-req the summer before starting optometry school. I know that IUSO does but am wondering what other schools also do? My main issue is that I have not take Anatomy and Physiology yet and many schools require these courses. I go to IU and a combined course is not offered. I'm planning on taking anatomy fall semester and could potentially take physiology the summer after graduating. I really want to go to NOVA but can't figure out from their website if I would be allowed to take physiology in the summer. Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools allow this but some also say they will not allow summer classes before starting. Best bet is to call or email the admissions, they are the only ones able to answer this question with 100% certainty.

Some schools allow this but some also say they will not allow summer classes before starting. Best bet is to call or email the admissions, they are the only ones able to answer this question with 100% certainty.
Thank u!!!