Taking Science elective pass/fail?

Started by Verloren
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Verloren

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I'm applying this cycle but have not gotten in anywhere yet. Just got waitlisted somewhere today. Still have some interviews lined up but I want to prepare for the worst.

Assuming I get waitlisted everywhere/rejected everywhere, should I take my 2 credit science elective class pass/fail? It's a animal diversity class, and we've had one midterm so far and I scored average, like a B-. Also he just let us know he doesn't curve.

I'm not afraid of getting a C, I'm actually just worried about not being able to pull up a B- to an A-. The professor told me (hesitantly) that getting an A- was still possible, but I don't know if I should risk it. I heard from pre-med advisor the fall sem grades are important if you're on waitlists, and the grades can make or break your chances...

Risk a B+ and try for an A-? Or take p/f ?