Step II Taking step 2 without taking pediatrics rotation...Bad idea??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blackberry13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on taking my step 2 exam before my pediatrics rotation. I will be done with the rest of my rotations by middle of May. I then want to take a month to study for Step 2. I need the rest of the summer for a research fellowship I am doing. Is it fine if I push my pediatrics rotation till M4 year? I want to do very well on Step 2 (235+), so will one month and no pediatrics rotation be enough to score well? Please let me know. Thank you!
 
I actually took step 2 without having completed peds and obs/gyn rotation and still managed to score very well on step 2. I studied medicine in London and my school schedules peds and obs/gyn during the 4th year :/

I used FA, UW, and Secrets and I found all the information required to sit step 2 was sufficient in those resources. I put about 4 weeks of work on step 2 while still working on my clerkship (British schools don't give you a minute to study for the American boards).


Best of luck!