Taking summer school before dental classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beryeuni

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a pre-dental student for this 2008 cycle: i had an interview at 1 school and I have another one coming up in Feb..no acceptance yet...

The problem is that the upcoming interview is at a school that I totally didn't expect to be interviewed at.. This school actually has a one year course requirement that I didn't take yet.. I graduated already.. Since I don't have a guarantee that I'll be accepted at this school, I don't want to take the course now since it's just this school that requires it.

If I do get an acceptance from this school, would it be too late to take the year course (full 3 semester hrs) during the summer and then start the dental classes? I heard some schools start orientation in July, but if I do take the summer course, it will finish in early to mid August..

Anyone in the same situation? T.T I really don't know what to do...

Members don't see this ad.

Schools usually have a specific date by which you must have all prerequisites complete (like June 30th or something). Check the date with the school(s) and then check the summer schedule for the class you might need to take. I have a feeling that finishing in August might be too late, but check. I'd recommend playing it safe and just taking the class or classes. Beats waiting another year and going through the application process all over again.

I finished the year of physics in one summer (three classes plus labs crammed in two summer sessions), so it's possible!

yeah it's something you will want to ask that school about because even if orientation begins in Aug...lets say even Aug 30th or something....they usually have their requirements fulfilled by June 1st or something - however...if you speak to them and their director, they could decide on an individual case by case basis and allow you to do so (but I'm not sure how likely since you passing is not a guarantee in their eyes?)