taking the august mcat for mstp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

i just took the april mcat, but a friend of mine was wondering if it would be a disadvantage to take the mcat in august. i know that for regular md it can be a problem if you are a borderline applicant, would it be the same or worse for mstp?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, I saw your website...I don't know if you remember me or not, but I think I've met you--remember in May 1999 I believe you went to Philadelphia for the Intel ISEF with a friend of yours who went to caltech? Or is that you?

Do you remember someone who did a project involving modeling behavior of ant colonies? That would be yours truly.

Your stats are truly fantastic. You'll probably get into Harvard.

I took the August MCAT, and I don't think that hurt me too much this year. The big thing is to make sure that you get the rest of your AMCAS in early or at least by the end of August. That way, schools will just be waiting on your MCATs, and your application should be complete soon after they get in. The downside to that, of course, is that you have no idea what kind of schools you should be applying to. But, after looking at your website, as long as your MCATs are decent, you should be competitive almost everywhere...

hey sulox, i honestly do remember you ... thats incredible; i think i remember taht you went to uchicago ... it would be kinda nuts if thats correct. send me an e-mail [email protected] ; how have your 3 years been, where do you want to go/do?