ncupp

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am planning on taking the DAT at the end of May, but was wondering if I should wait until I have taken OChem II. I wouldn't be able to take it until the upcoming Fall semester, which would mean that I couldn't apply until next cycle. The problem is, I am in the military right now and get out next Jan. So I want to be in the 08 class, so I don't have to find another job and apply for the 09 class.

I am taking OChem I right now, along with A&P, Gen Bio 2, and Physics. Is it possible to take the DAT and do well enough on the other sections to make up for a low OChem score.

And how much of the DAT is from OChem I and how much from OChem II.

Thanks!!!!

jfitzpat

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I took the DAT prior to taking Orgo II and didn't think it was too bad. There is a bunch of stuff on there from the second semester, but it is a very basic treatement and Kaplan paired with destroyer was enough to prepare me.

It turned out to be my highest science score.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.