Taking the DLOSCE soon, any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m going to be taking the DLOSCE very soon and would love to hear people’s advice, recommendations and experiences. I’m especially interested to hear what people are recommending for the prescription writing portion. Does anyone recommend any materials in particular they felt best prepared them? I’ve mostly been using the materials that I used for the NBDE II, however a lot of that seems to be less clinically relevant than the what the DLOSCE practice questions seemed to focus on. And anyone’s thoughts are welcome here as it’s such a new exam and so few people have taken it to really provide much feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi OP, did you take the DLOSCE? How was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi OP, did you take the DLOSCE? How was it?
Yeah I took it, it is actually not difficult. As long as you’re on track to even graduate you could probably pass it cold, so with even a little review you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably the one thing to focus on is just be sure you know a few of the major prescriptions for common problems, if you got that the rest won’t be too bad.

Reactions: 1 users
Probably the one thing to focus on is just be sure you know a few of the major prescriptions for common problems, if you got that the rest won’t be too bad.
Thank you very much for your advice, do you have any other tips/resources to share that can help with preparation. Its been very difficult to come across reliable information, especially because I am living in New Zealand currently. Thank you very much