Talking about being shy-digging my own grave?

Started by nh278
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I think that's a wonderful essay topic. You're showing that you've overcome your shyness, and that you're not shy anymore. So feel confident - your essay, if anything, will be supporting your non-shyness, and that's a really good topic for the obstacles/challenge essay.
 
Hi guys,

So i'm really stuck on whether or not I should submit an optional secondary essay about overcoming my shyness. I'm really worried that it will count against me that I had this weakness, and I won't even make it to the interview stage to show that I really am not the person I was before. But I want to let adcomms know how much I've challenged myself to step outside of my comfort zone and I feel overcoming this side of me has been a really important part of who I am. I keep flip-flopping between whether or not to submit it, and have been getting mixed advice from friends. Any ideas of how I should go about doing this??

As long as your secondary shows that proof that you have overcome your shyness (Eg Getting elected to a position. Can't do that without connecting with people and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone).

@Goro @gyngyn Does this make sense? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad