Tamiflu and relenza

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gany

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tamiflu and relenza both work by interfering with an enzyme which the flu virus needs to multiply....block this and you starve the virus.

If you take either of these anti-virals; relenza or tamiflu you are able to significantly reduce the strength and length of the infleunze virus.

so now you know.

Members don't see this ad.

gany said:
Tamiflu and relenza both work by interfering with an enzyme which the flu virus needs to multiply....block this and you starve the virus.

If you take either of these anti-virals; relenza or tamiflu you are able to significantly reduce the strength and length of the infleunze virus.

so now you know.

um.... thanks?

Members don't see this ad :)
gany said:

so now you know.

At the risk of replying to a baited post, I will say that Tamiflu and Relenza only reduce the length of illness by 1 to 2 days, according to their package inserts. I did a research project on antiviral drugs for use in influenza for one of my rotations and had to look this information up for the project.

Stockpile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware Of The Bird Flu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The End Is Near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbmuffin said:
Stockpile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware Of The Bird Flu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The End Is Near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to come hang out in my bunker?
I've got 1000 bottles of Evian and 500 cans of pork and beans.
We'll be set for weeks if we need to ride out the bird flu plague.

Bring some air freshner.

Because I couldn't help myself...

gany said:
so now you know.

yo_joes1.jpg

And KNOWING is half the battle!

Moxxie said:
Because I couldn't help myself...

yo_joes1.jpg

And KNOWING is half the battle!

You are full of illustrations today. Aren't ya? Cute! :)

Is this a commercial??????? I hate drug ads